Stimulus Funding Programs for Student Members of the Network
Funding for Editing of Journal Articles (Program not in effect for the period of April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016)
- To stimulate dissemination of knowledge, in the field of research on aging, to the scientific community, by funding the editing of manuscripts of articles for submission to high-quality, peer-reviewed scientific journals.
Eligibility requirements :
- The article must present the results of research in the field of aging that are consistent with the objectives and orientations of the Network’s 2012-2016 Scientific Program,
- The applicant must be a student member of the Network at the time that the application is submitted,
- The application must be recommended for approval by the applicant’s thesis supervisor,
- The applicant must be the first author or co-first author of the article.
- Maximum $1 000 per article.
Application procedure :
- Submit as a single PDF document a completed application to the Network’s Scientific Director at email@example.com, including:
- A cover letter indicating the journal to which you are submitting the manuscript and the date that you will be submitting it,
- An estimate of the costs of editing,
- A copy of the manuscript to be edited,
- A brief letter of recommendation from your thesis supervisor.
Evaluation procedure :
- The RQRV Executive Committee determines eligibility and requests the opinion of at least two members of the RQRV Steering Committee, or of the Co-ordinator of an RQRV Thematic Group, Common Research Platform, or Consortium, or of an expert from outside the Network,
- Incomplete applications will be declared ineligible.
Recipient’s commitment :
- Acknowledge the Network’s support in the publication,
- Send the Network a copy of the acknowledgment of receipt from the editor of the journal.
Payment method :
- Upon presentation of the invoice for editing expenses, a cheque will be sent by postal mail to the recipient’s thesis supervisor at his or her business address.
Application deadline :
(Program not in effect for the period of April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016)